Thursday, February 19, 2009

Lunchtime Show and Tell

At one of our lunch meetings we took a short break to have a little Show and Tell with people who had something that they wanted to share.

You can zoom in on these ones to see the detail!!



Game designer Robert shared a few pieces from his massive collection of Warhammer figurines – he hand paints each figurine and he told me that each metal figurine can take from 3-10 hours to paint from start to finish!


DSCN2915 DSCN2917
 


This is Executive Producer Robert’s butterfly net “Martha” – the technique for catching a butterfly is different from what you think: when threatened, butterfly’s always fly upwards (curiously, moths always fly downwards), so when you want to catch one with your net you sweep up under the butterfly with a “tennis forehand” motion. When the butterfly is caught you can transfer them to a simple plastic container to examine them further.


DSCN2921


Designer Cathy’s claim to fame: an appearance on a local bands CD case! (She’s in the picture, you can see the back of her head)



DSCN2913


Artist Jayme brought in and explained her technique for creating  homemade yarn (she was promptly invited to join HI’s resident Knitting Club)


 


DSCN2918


Scripter Erik showcased the basics to some of his published theories about the topic of Fuzzy Numbers.


 


DSCN2914


And I brought in… a singing Michael Jackson doll :)


My mom bought it for me a long time ago and it’s never been opened (I wonder if it’s worth something?) It sings “Black or White”, but I brought it in because MJ is one of my favorite musical artists.

 

DSCN2919

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just want to clarify that no butterflies are harmed in the netting action and they are all released.

Anonymous said...

HI has a knitting club? Who knew?

Anonymous said...

I love that yarn she's using! Did she make it herself?

Anonymous said...

My brother has Warhammer. I don't think he's painted the figurines yet, though. It seems like a grueling task...

Ooo, Michael Jackson. I like the song called, I forget, something like "Dangerous". He flips one guy completely around.