Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Production, Pictures, and Puzzles Oh My!

Mid-week is always an interesting time because it allows for a great view of the office "busy" state. Mondays tend to drag and Tuesdays are warm-ups, so by Wednesday we're actually in full production. It totally sets the mean for the week. If your Wednesday is swamped, there's a good chance your whole week was, and is going to be, the same.

Certainly we've been buried with work for quite a bit now, so in honor I thought I'd post a nice picture of an unfortunate workstation that has barely enough room to think...


Scary... although they do have a nice whiteboard... anywho...

After reading up on some of the various strategies everyone has been using to try and solve the puzzle, I thought I would post a very direct sort of hint. So here goes:

--

You do not need to utilize any math in order to solve this puzzle, it uses a particular system. In addition, once the numbers have been solved, it will not be necessary to unscramble their solutions. Good luck!

--

Excellent. We're steadily approaching the end of the month, which means to keep your eyes peeled for a new newsletter. I hear we've got a pretty good for this month. I can't wait! Catch ya on the flip-side!

- Novel -

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is it a code system that we've used in the Nancy Drew games before?

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the hint!!!

I have a quick question. How many characters are there in RAN?

Novel_Sleuth said...

-- I don't think you've used this code system before. Although I have used a derivation of it in a previous puzzle I created. (though you'd be hard pressed to find it)

-- Unfortunately I don't have all the details concerning RAN and its content. From what I've heard, there are quite a few characters you encounter, as well as dealing with a few friendly animals. I suppose we'll just have to wait and find out.

- Novel -