Thursday, June 11, 2009

Time capsule

A few years ago, we started working on the Nancy Drew Dossier series and it was very different from the Lights, Camera, Curses game that was actually created. Back then, we just referred to to the Dossier series as 'casual' - meaning that it was going to be differnt from our Adventure series games, but we didn't really know how.
Our first iterration of the game had a few arcade mini-games tied together with a story and a method of putting all the clues you collected from the mini-game together. Below is the art from our very first Dossier series prototype. You'll never see this art anywhere else since the first prototype failed and the art was lost with it. It's very detailed and feels a lot like the Adventure series - too much almost.
While we wanted something that was as high quality as our current games, but this was too similar. Can you think of other places in the Nancy Drew Adventures series games that look like this paining? For bonus points, guess the artist! :)

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I see a Poppy Dada painting next to the fireplace! lol!

Anonymous said...

It makes me think of ICE! And just a tiny bit of DAN.

Alleyn said...

Wow. That rather looks like the art in ICE.

Lucid Atray said...

Nancy's bedroom?Or house?With she putting photos on her scrapbook?
And there's Minette...
And Poppy Dada!

Anonymous said...

It looks a lot like aunt eloise's house in SCK to me for some reason. Bonus question: I have no idea. Mari? Rob?

Anonymous said...

I think it look like Whit wolf (the room in general) or danger by design (the scrapbook type thing on the desk)

Anonymous said...

I'm guessing #14, Danger By Design--Minnette's studio?

Thanks for the information, it was cool!
~MysteryBook

Anonymous said...

I gave the picture the critical eye again, and I realized it looks a lot like Sonny Joon's cartoons! Is he the mysterious artist?

~MysteryBook... again. ;)

Anonymous said...

It reminds me of the White Wolf of icicle Creek the most, what with the fireplace and all. I <3 the Poppy Dada!

Anonymous said...

The room makes me think of Mattie's house in STD, but I see a Poppy Dada painting. I also see tea and a picture of Minette, I belive? Especially since it says France in the scrapbook. And I see a Tiki-type statue in the corner, like it's from CRE? (: