Monday, July 6, 2009

Monday's Answer

Welcome back! I hope everyone had a safe and fun Fourth. Nothing to special happened here, we had our festivities on Thursday and took Friday off to spend with the 'fam.' But, as I'm sure many of you noticed, we did get a puzzle posted for you all to work on. I must agree with one particular user on this note; it most certainly made me think of "Hamster Dance" when I first saw it. You all however, were not deceived and solved it in stunning fashion (of course :P ) But just so we're all on cue, let me break it down.

--

Dah-di-di-dit Dit, Dah-dah-dah Dah-dit, Dah Di-di-di-dit Dit, Di-dah-di-dit Dah-dah-dah Dah-dah-dah Dah-di-dah Dah-dah-dah Di-di-dah Dah, Di-di-dah-dit Dah-dah-dah Di-dah-dit, Dit Dah-di-dit Di-dah, Dah-di-di-dit Di-dah-dit Dah-dah-dah Dah-dah-dah Dah-di-dah Di-di-dit Di-dah-di-dah-di-dah

This puzzle is solved by using [ Morse Code ]
The "di's" and "dit's" are all [ dots ] and the "Dah's" represent [ Dashes ]

If a Dah or Di/Dit are capitalized, then that means [ start a new letter ]

A comma indicates [ the start of a new word ]


So by using these rules, all of these lines can be decoded into
[ Be on the lookout for Eda Brooks ]
--

Some of you may recognize the character mentioned in the answer, but what does it mean. Is going to be a reoccurring character in the next game? Or is there something more? Maybe Mari can provide some enlightenment in the next puzzle. We'll see.

Also, we've been contacted by the 2nd contest winner, and I'll be posting her entry shortly. Again, congrats to everyone who entered. We'll be hosting more contests in the future, so be sure to keep an eye out. Danke!

- Novel (x^4) -

4 comments:

Amelia said...

Do u guys switch out? U know u and Summer_Sleauth? I haven't been here in awhile and am trying 2 catch up! :0 Oh and can someone with a hotmail account sign up 4 da newsletter? I've tried several times and it won't come!!

Anonymous said...

Your wit astounds us once again, Novel. Such a fitting sign-off! I'm eagerly anticipating the second entry. I hope it's posted soon.

Also...is there a reason why comments aren't being posted?

Novel_Sleuth said...

@ Amelia - Sometimes Summer and I switch out. She's mostly posting on Tues. - Thurs. while I take the bookends and add filler if necessary. Also, you should be able to sign up with a hotmail account for our newsletter, but keep in mind we only release one a month. If you're still having issues, try contacting the webmaster: webmaster@herinteractive.com

@ anon - hehe well you know me. I've managed to get the second entry, which I'm sure you see now. About the comments though... Comment posting tends to be one of my weak points at the moment. We're crazy busy and I rush to release the blog post of the day (7pm anyone?) so I often leave the comments by the wayside. >.< Not very hospitable I know, but I'm getting better. Honest.

- Novel -

Amelia said...

Ok. I sent a letter to HeR. how long do you thnk it will take for them to reply?