Friday, August 28, 2009

Playing on the Weak End (w/ Puzzles!)

Friday, oh friday...

It is finally here. I know that everyone is excited for this little break. I can see the rise and fall of posts on the boards. With both Summer's slowly moving into the past, Autumn's presence has become quite pressing.

~And I just have to say that we were super fortunate to have Summer sleuth here while we did. She was a great person to have around the office and we'll miss her very much.~

As for this weekend, I've got a new puzzle, but it seems like you all have begun to become so busy. I'd hate to detract from #24, yet Mari delivered this brand new puzzle to me. So I guess I'm splitting the difference once again. :P But if there is no solution for #24 by Monday, I'll be posting the steps and answer. Alright, on to the excitement.

--
-- Puzzle #24--


You'll need all the hints so far, plus, you'll need to think backwards.

--

Okay, that's one puzzle out of the way. Up next is the new one for this week.

--
-- Puzzle XXV --




--

And there you have it. I hope everyone has a fun-filled time this weekend. But most importantly, be sure to relax and de-stress! We'll have some good announcements next week, including a contest we may have alluded to previously. Also I may have drafted a guest writer, but we'll see if she's willing to take the leap!

Stay crafty!

- Novel -

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is the title a clue where it says "Playing on the ---->Weak<---- End (w/ Puzzles!)" Is the "weak" part just a typo or a clue or something totally different?

Anonymous said...

I got the letters but now I need to arange them.... That is the trickest part :|

Novel_Sleuth said...

@ 1st anon - I'll say that it isn't a typo, I used it as word play more than anything. It exists as a double-entendre:

referencing the idea of having fun on the weekend (through heterographical distinction)

and

the notion of Fridays as a more relaxed sort of work day. (we didn't attempt to face many challenges, we worked on the "weaker" side of things.)

Sometimes I'm not so witty. :P
Mostly I just enjoy the chance to create titles that aren't what they are. ^.~

@ 2nd Anon - I am deplorable at that kind of thing. Word Scrambles defeat me. :(

- Novel -