Monday, August 17, 2009

Seizing the Day

Hi all,

I hope everyone had a nice weekend. I noticed that there were a lot of people continuing to puzzle through the weekend. It is always grand to see everyone enjoying themselves with a brain teaser. I'm happy to say that both puzzles have in fact been solved! Great job! There is however a slight caveat... Puzzle 22 was solved prior to Friday's post. !?!

I know, I know. You all continued to work so diligently and I'm sorry that I didn't see the answer in time. I think that perhaps for all of your hard work I owe you a great bit of gratitude. I'll have to think of a special way to repay your determination (and patience with me!) For now, all I can do is alleviate your curiosity.

-- Weekend Puzzle 22 --



This image was found by clicking on the image on the blog for August 7th, 2009. The rules for solving are as follows: All the bugs have spots.
[ Ladybugs facing right use addition, the ones facing left are subtraction. ]
With that information we can get the following numbers:
[ 20, 20, 19, 18, 18, 8, 7, 7, 5, 5, 5, 5, 5, 1 ]
These numbers correspond to letters of the alphabet:
[ T, T, S, R, R, H, G, G, E, E, E, E, E, A ]
These can be unscrambled to create the following phrase:
[ Three Easter Eggs ]

--

I can hear the shrieks of exasperation. Oh but wait...

So what's the big news on this that I've been hiding? Well as you may or may not have guessed, this does relate to RAN. For us, this is something we've never before disclosed. Our designer, Cathy was quite ecstatic to be able to release this information to you. But in a hilarious twist of events, it would seem you all discovered this without our intervention! You're just too adept at the mystery business for us to give hints about the present. :P Still, there's always the joy of the hunt, eh?

I can't help but feel like we need to get back on our game a little bit, what do you think?


The next puzzle was pretty standard fair, and you all solved it with the grace and ease of a world-class sleuth. Let's see how it was done.

-- Weekend Puzzle 23 --


Lucky Symbol: _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ = 25 15 1 2 22 2 25 15 22

Lucky Find: _ _ _ _ _ = 16 22 14 14 8

3 20 21 3 22 22 14 26 3 1 26 8 22 2

So to solve this puzzle, you need to determine what the two Lucky items are. We've got:
[ Lucky Symbol = Horseshoe ]
[ Lucky Find = Penny ]
If you match up the letters with the adjacent numbers, it gives us part of a cipher for all of the bottom numbers. Which looks like this:
[ ( A – I = 18-26 ) ( J - Q = 10-17 ) ( R – Z = 1-9 ) ]
So you replace the letters and unscramble them for the answer:
[ Secret Identity ]

--

And there you have it. Answers to all the burning questions. I'm going to need to slow down a bit to ensure everything is working well in hand for the future. (*fingers crossed for less mistakes*) But I think perhaps I'll wrap up for the day :P

Summer is out for the week, so I'll be seeing you tomorrow. Ta-ta!

- Novel -

3 comments:

Phoenix Star said...

We got it right? XD Now let's hear about the CRE easter eggs. (Half joking...)

Novel_Sleuth said...

OOOOOhhhh CRE Easter eggs! I may have to check my sources and get back to you. :P

-Novel

Anonymous said...

Yes I got it right! Hahaha this makes me so relieved...no more dreaming of ladybugs!!!