Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Right into Tuesday

I came to work today not noticing the missing Monday. It occurs to me right now that you all might be seriously craving a post. I must say, with my absence on Friday and the holiday on Monday, there's a lot of work to make up. Still, I hope most of you had a wonderfully extended weekend.

I spent most of my weekend, much like Friday, attending the annual Penny Arcade Expo (or PAX as it's mostly referred to.) In short, it's a big 3-day conference where gamers and developers meet up and talk about all things gaming; culture, trends, new products, etc. Some companies show off their new games and products, while others bring issues to talk about.

Many of HI's employees went to PAX to see discussions on some new ideas in gaming and gaming communities. If you followed my tweets, you probably saw a couple of panel names, but I thought I'd share a few more with you:

--

What do Recruiters and Hiring Managers look for?
Pitch Your Game Idea
Legal Issues in Contemporary Gaming
How Gamers Give: Improving the World Through Gaming
Game Culture: How Gamers Impact Society and How Policy Affects Gamer Culture
So you Want to Be a Game Designer?
Losing Should Be Fun

--

Sure they don't all sound fun, and admittedly some of the talks weren't my cup of tea, but hopefully we learned a whole lot to help make our games better. Getting out of the office and meeting other companies and other gamers was a nice break from the busy times we've been living in. Plus seeing all the cool new products coming out soon...

Sometimes it's just nice to be a kid in a candy shop again.

- Novel -

3 comments:

Firewing3333 said...

For some reason the last one makes me laugh--Losing Should be Fun. That must've been fun to see the new stuff.

Phoenix Star said...

Wish I could've been there! It sounds like heaven. Wait, Heaven's a game now! Haha, we gamers really do have everything.

Anonymous said...

I have a quick question. When will the first WAC trailer be out?