Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Tagging

Writing is very awesome.  Well, I think it is.  Today has been a writing day. (though secretly most are ^.^)  I've been doing some preliminary work on blog topics and March's newsletter (nowhere near complete.)  As well as few other projects we've got hidden backstage. 

The real one I'd like to poke at for today's blog is the TOT tagline.  I'm sure you all are familiar with at least a few of our games taglines.  Currently I'm having to create a placeholder one that may appear in some ads, so it needs to be fairly close to the real deal.  This process is all about creating a short line that evokes the emotion of the game, along with some information about its content.  There's a lot of brainstorming and just writing lines.  I probably don't have the most award-winning technique, but guess-and-check works for me.  If you've ever seen a picture of a disheveled young writer crouched over a type writer with veritable civilizations of crumpled paper rising up around him... that's me today.  Only in a digital sense.

I'm still looking for the right combination of words to make do for the time being.  It just has to be snappier than fake one I've been slinging around the office in previous months.

"Nancy puts the 'fun' back in funnel cloud!"

Amusing? Yes.  Effective? Not so much...  We'll keep working.  ^.~

- Novel -

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

what about nancy puts the fun into funnel cake!

wodedrawling said...

"Private Eye of the Storm/Twister" perhaps?

Or maybe "She's Not in River Heights Anymore..."

Novel_Sleuth said...

@anon - LOL! I love it. Of course now I definitely want some funnel cake.

@wodedrawling - That second tagline is pure genius! Good thinking on both of them. ^.^

-Novel-

Terri said...

Navigate Nancy Through a Swirling Cloud of Characters (or Suspects)