Monday, June 27, 2011

An Exciting Week: Starting Now!

We are off for an exciting week (as stated in the title) ^.^

The Captive Curse will be released in stores tomorrow, June 28th 2011! (But of course, you can already get it from us in both physical and digital form). Anyways, we are preparing for this highly anticipated release, and I'm super excited!! I heard that we may celebrate tomorrow with a German-themed feast (dressing up in appropriate costume was encouraged). I plan on wearing my "Karl hat" seen here:
To start off the week, the downloads section on The Captive Curse page went up, which includes a screen saver and some wallpapers, several of which are mobile phone wallpapers.

On to more important matters! Congrats to Erin M. from CT for winning the Weekend Puzzle #109 contest! Erin was picked randomly from the collection of the correct answer entries and won a digital download of The Captive Curse.

*A note about these contests: there is a place on our message board specifically for discussing our "Blogs and Tweets". In this forum, you may talk about and help each other figure out the weekend puzzles. A few clever fans were able to solve the puzzle, and correctly posted the answer there, but since this was a contest, it doesn't feel very fair to those who want to figure it out on their own. So going forward, whenever the Weekend Puzzle hosts a contest, please be considerate and hide your answers in spoiler code (or not even show it) so everyone will have a fair chance :) Thanks!

Here's the solution: [Letter your keyboard letter keys left to right like so: Q=A, W=B, E=C and so on. The keys should be in alphabetical order.]
Take the puzzle and decode using your keyboard (don't forget to insert those spaces!) and you will get this answer: [February Twenty Two This Year]. Now find the post dated this, and identify the image in that post. It is a sketch of [A Well]. This is the answer you were to send in. Congrats! There were a lot of great guesses, and many of you hit it on the nail!

Until tomorrow!
~Little Jackalope~

8 comments:

Veronica said...

Will the next puzzle be a contest?

Anonymous said...

Dear Little Jackalope,
I wanted to let you know I am loving Captive Curse.Me and my brother screamed when we saw the monster up close and personal.I was so freaked I had to save my game and walk away for a little.also wanted to tell you that i just got four more Nancy Drew games.(which ones are Sonny Joon in??)And one more thing...Where did you get your hat!!I love hats and i usually end up wearing my brother's.Sorry this is a long letter.Keep up the good work.

From me,
Silvertongue

Anonymous said...

Did you accept answers that said just 'Well'?

Good job Erin!

Yours Truly,
Ms. Random Nancy Drew Fan

Anonymous said...

What stores will cap be available at?

Little Jackalope said...

This coming weekend is most likely not going to be a contest. :( For this last one, we did accept "well", or "stone well".

Yay Captive Curse!! I jumped back in my chair when I saw the monster, too. >.<

Sonny Joon's doodles are found in Secret of the Scarlet Hand, Danger by Design, and Ransom of the Seven Ships, but he is also briefly mentioned in The Phantom of Venice and The Captive Curse....hm am i missing any?

The Captive Curse can be found in Walmart, Target and Best Buy. (The strategy guide is only through us, though.)

Anonymous said...

Great!I just got two of those games(minus cap)Can't wait to see/hear anything from Sonny!

From me,
Sivertongue

Anonymous said...

Oh, thanks for calling me clever LJ! I figured it out about 5 minutes after you posted it, and I posted the answer on the HeR message boards as soon as I figured it out! Thanks so much! :)
~R

Little Jackalope said...

Wow, only five minutes to finish the puzzle? That's pretty fast! You must be a well-trained detective. ;)