Friday, July 15, 2011

Weekend Puzzle #112 = Contest!

Happy Friday everyone! This weekend puzzle is another contest!! Please read carefully:

1. Solve the weekend puzzle below.
2. When you think you have the right answer, email it to solved@herinteractive.com with the subject line "Weekend Puzzle".
3. The prize? A digital download of The Haunted Carousel game!
4. The time? Contest begins now and ends at 10am PST on Monday, July 18th.
5. One winner will be randomly drawn from all of the correct entries by 5pm, Monday, July 18th. (We want to be fair and give everyone a chance.) :) Each contestant may only enter once.
6. This contest is open to everyone.

Here's the puzzle!
Directions: Find the answers by looking through the “Games” pages on the web site. Take the first letter of each answer to gain the mystery word. Submit the mystery word to solved@herinteractive.com with the subject line “Weekend Puzzle”.

1. The name of the fourth character listed on the Character Profiles page of game #10
2. #7 “______ a cemetery and a speakeasy”
3. #6 “Expose buried secrets and catch a thief ____-handed!”
4. #12 has a screenshot that is of Nancy’s blue ______.
5. Leela’s last name in #21.
6. Fill in the blank from the downloads page “Legend of the Crystal Skull Wallpaper - ______ in the Garden”
7. On game #15’s page Kane ‘______ is mentioned.
8. A traditional Japanese family Inn is called a ______.
9. On game #23’s page, it says you will learn _____, tea ceremonies, and calligraphy.
10. “_____ a Ghostly Legend and Find a Vanished Groom!” on game #19’s page.
11. The first character on the Character Profile page of game #11.
12. Coucou from #20 is a "____ yellow headed Amazon parrot”.

*Note: Please don't post the mystery word on the message boards. The listed answers are ok to say as long as they are in spoiler code. :) Thanks!

Good luck super sleuths!
~Little Jackalope~

15 comments:

aka Scarlett Risen said...

awesome page!!!!

Random Nancy Drew Fan said...

Finished!

Yours Truly,
Ms. Random Nancy Drew Fan

Katie said...

I liked this puzzle a lot! I already have CAR, so I won't be entering, but I love that you're doing a contest again!

Anonymous said...

Dear Little Jackalope,
I've got a pretty dumb question.You know what you go to Herinteractive and it shows that there's a weekend puzzle...Well,I love the pic it has of a scrapbook and a magnifying glass and I was wondering if that book was for real.I told you it was dumb.

From me,
Silvertongue.

Random Nancy Drew Fan said...

I sent in the mystery word as three words. Will you count it as a wrong answer?

Yours Truly,
Ms. Random Nancy Drew Fan

Anonymous said...

Love the contests!!! Unfortunately, I didn't have access to a computer this weekend until , believe it or not, 10:01 this morning. I missed the contest. it is now, 10:32, and I have the answer. I LOVE the scavenger hunts!!!


Ok, just finished reading the rules. I HAVE MORE TIME THAN I THOUGHT!!!!!!!!!!!! *relieved* I'll send my email right away!!!

random person who likes puzzles

Little Jackalope said...

Ms. Random Nancy Drew Fan:
One-word, two-word, three-word or a phrase, it's all acceptable as long as you have the right letters in the right order ;)

Silvertongue:
Not a dumb question at all! Actually it's a good one, the fun fact is: It is not a real book that we have to hold, it is actually the Nancy Drew scrapbook that you see on Nancy's desk at the begining of several of the games. The scrapbook there is what lists all of the games and gives a summary with pictures from the past cases. Sound familiar?

We took that book and used it for the Amateur Sleuth blog slide on the homepage. :D

Kaitlyn said...

Did anyone read the Nancy Drew the haunted carousel, it as actually pretty surprising who the bad guy was and Joy Trent was in it as well :)

Anonymous said...

I just started the whole contest thing today. How do you know if you won or not?

Anonymous said...

Thank for answering Little jackalope.I do remember seeing that book alot.I think it'd be so cool to have one for real.I have a book that i keep all my notes,phrases,phone numberes,and helps that need to be remembered while playing one of the games.Its like my own little 'Hint Hotline'

From me,
Silvertongue.

Random Nancy Drew Fan said...

Ok. Thank you! =D
I was looking at the cover art of CAR that you posted here and realized that the answer to the contest (or what I think the answer to the contest is, in case I'm wrong) is on there!

Yours Truly,
Ms. Random Nancy Drew Fan

karson said...

How do I get the digital download if i won.

Little Jackalope said...

Karson -- check your email, we also sent you a message on Twitter. :)

Winners of the contest will be posted on the blog, and mentioned on our social mediaat the end of the contest day (Monday by 5pm PST) and will be notified via the email they submitted with.

Alicia said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Super Secret Sleuth said...

WHO WON???

<3 Super Secret Sleuth