Monday, November 7, 2011

British Nancy Drew

Over the weekend I visited with my Grandparents, and my Grandma gave me this:

Check it out! This is a Great Britain 1974 printing of The Moonstone Castle Mystery, which I brought in to add to my office shelf. I find the different artwork fascinating, but what's even more peculiar is that on the back of the hard cover the rest of the books are listed out of normal order. Book #1 was The Secret of Shadow Ranch, #2 was The Mystery of the 99 Steps and The Moonstone Castle Mystery was the most recent at #36. I'm curious to how this little book time traveled from the 70s and made it's way half-way across the world to here. This is yet another bit of evidence that Nancy Drew is not just famous in America, but all over the world and from different times.

I figured you sleuths would solve the weekend puzzle quickly! Here's the solution: find all of the words related to The White Wolf of Icicle Creek. Here's the complete list: [Isis, Bill, Lou, Fishing, Cooking, Breakfast, Frost, Laundry, Lodge, Egg, Icicle, Wolf, Howl]. Once you have found all 13 names and words, note all of the [unused letters in the grid], written out it will say [Call 1 555 Mystico], a jingle Nancy sings in the game.

~Little Jackalope~

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awsome book.How did you Grandma get a hold of it?It's realy cool.Why do you think they are out of order in Great Britain?

From me,
Silvertongue.