Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Music from the Past

In case you missed us: we took yesterday off to celebrate President's Day. :)

Deep within the old Secrets Can Kill game a music track was hidden, embedded but cannot be found in the game... Long ago before the game was published, at the last minute our President pulled it out, because it didn't quite fit the mood we were going for. Instead, the melody remained and can be heard in the end credits.

Sixteen years later, we revived it. We have uploaded it to our YouTube channel for your enjoyment:

Secrets Can Kill: The Lost Rap Song

As for the weekend puzzle, the clue to solving this is in the title: "Alternate" meant using the "Alt" key and typing those numbers to get the result. This is known as ASCII, and you can find dozens of charts online to help you, but all you need to do is hold down the ALT button and type the number. The grand answer is [Read the Epitaph]. A clue to Ghost of Thornton Hall. (No release date or further news has been announced for this game yet.)

Also,

~Little Jackalope~

10 comments:

ComicalCrafty said...

Oh! I remember this! Arglefumph put it up awhile back. Wonder how he found it... For some reason, I'm relieved that this wasn't the official theme song for the Nancy Drew games. :)

ComicalCrafty said...

Who sang this, by the way? It's amazing!

Hannah said...

Oh my goodness I had forgotten all about that catchy HeR rap song! LOL "like a bullet from a gun, she arrives on the scene." Bet somebody had fun writing that one!

Thanks for bringing it back from the Her Interactive vault for us to hear! XD

-Hannah

Future Animator said...

I can't wait to get my hands on GTH!:D

Hmmmm, I'm not sure what to answer on your poll.... I decided to say Classical. I can't really imagine Nancy listening to Selena Gomez or Taylor Swift... :)

Anonymous said...

Epitaph! Like a tomb stone? I't's late,I'll have to watch the music tomorrow. Hey,i don't think I told you,but I bought a DVD Nancy Drew game so I can play on the tv. It's Blackmoore Manor. i haven't tried it yet. I didn't know you guys made those!

From me,
Silvertongue.

Shainnen Somerville said...

You guys should seriously put up that song in a future game track just for laughs and giggles. I'm really diggin that tune. Do you have these tracks up on iTunes and not just on this website?

Anonymous said...

I heard (okay, read) Micheal Gray made this rap. Is that true?
-Gi@ntpandaz

Anonymous said...

I certainly like the idea of having a Nancy Drew theme song! Just not a rap one...

Little Jackalope said...

@Gi@ntpandaz -- No, Michael Gray did not right this rap song. One of our President's acquaintances' son wrote it back in 1997.

@Shainnen Somerville - We don't have any of our music on iTunes, but we do sell many of the game soundtracks on our site here:

http://www.herinteractive.com/shop.php?tab_set=4&platform=pc

Anonymous said...

OMG!!! this is so funny. Well not really funny but if it did't have the rap in it i bet it would have been the perfect back round music it was blended with some thing else when nancy figures out who the culprit was in the game SECRETS CAN KILL. Also I realized that the only time a nancy drew game has ever shown even part of nancy's face is on the cover of this game. Look in the trailer section for the trailer of secrets can kill. pause it on the place where it shows the cover and look that face in the front is nancy drew! TTYL
PS: that prove your not a robot thing is still funny (I"m laughing so, so hard)