Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Nancy Drew-isms in SPY

Recently I've been hunting through a few game environments and came across a few screenshots that stood out to me in The Silent Spy. If you haven't played the game yet, I'll try not to reveal too much.

Here you get a glimpse into Nancy's room from long ago when she was a kid. Do you see what I see? She has a miniature version of the haunted carousel from CAR! Also, she has a doll house replica of the Lilac Inn and model toy car that is spotted in Secret of the Old Clock!


How cool is that? Could this be some sort of backwards foreshadowing? Although we have played those games years ago, Nancy had toys that will be life-sized when she grows up. Crazy, huh? Have you played The Silent Spy, yet? Have you spotted any other hidden Nancy Drew items from other games?

As for the weekend puzzle, it has been solved! My vague hint about Jake's locker from Secrets Can Kill was to highlight the part about looking at a telephone for letters on the numbered buttons. For example, 6.2 would mean button #6 and the second letter shown, which is "N". Once you identify all the letters you'll get [nancysidiscode or better put "Nancy's I.D. is code"]. This is refering to SPY and another game...and it's for you to figure out. (Although some detective have already discovered this meaning.)


~Little Jackalope~

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

The house is cool!!!!!! Are the hardy boys going to be appearing in a future game?

ND's #1 fan said...

That is so cool! I've played SPY probably 3 (or more lol) times already, but I never noticed that! And sadly, I couldn't figure out the weekend puzzle since I have yet to play SCK... :( but once I saw the answer I knew right away what it meant!(ASH was my 1st ND game too!) ;) XD PS- LJ, when are you going to start giving us hints about MED? ;) I'm dying of suspense here! I need a MEDic! lol (sorry, when I'm excited about something Nancy-Drew-related I act a little crazy... luckily not Minette crazy though) XD
Spring is so far away... (^_^)

Anonymous said...

Will there be another text challenge soon?

Sammi said...

Maybe Nancy visited Captain's Cove with Carson and Kate. She got that mini carousel from a gift shop there!

Isis4ever said...

I noticed the haunted carousel, but not the CLK references. That's so cute! I loved the flashbacks in SPY and I love the Drew home. I want to live there! :)

~Wolfie

Shainnen Somerville said...

Well in that scene, I saw the global world ball in the corner of Nancy's room pointed to Africa.. Could Nancy somehow have a future mystery to be taken place there? Only time will tell. And about those eggs, I know you can only give hints out, so can you by any chance can you tell how many eggs there are in this game? Like I said earlier, I found 3 already so if there's 4 just for the bonus edition peeps, you gotta let us know LJ. I'll make that my mandatory priority!!! :D

Future Animator said...

You know what else I saw on Nancy's desk? A Sassy Detective magazine...and what's on the cover looks a lot like the Parthenon in Greece. I also noticed another Greece reference in SPY. I won't say where, I don't want to spoil anything!:) I'm hoping Greece is in Nancy's future!!
I also saw a comment on last nights post about you voicing the cookie lady in SPY! Is it true? It sure sounds an awful lot like you. Why I didn't hear it before I have no idea...>.<

Breanna said...

Hey Little Jackalope, my birthday is this Friday on the 8th. If you can, please give me a birthday shout out. I'd really appreciate it.

Little Jackalope said...

@Anonymous -- I'm really hoping the Hardys will appear in a future game!

@ND's #1 fan -- Hmm...hints about MED, is that what you desire? All in good time....

@Anonymous -- Nope, no text challenges anytime soon. :(

@Sammi -- That would have been an awesome item to get as a souvenir!

@Future HeR Animator -- You have a good eye (and ear), detective...! (~.^)

@Breanna -- You got it!