Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Bird Photos in Winter

Our office is in a nature park, so we often see all sorts of wildlife around. The other day we spotted a bald eagle perched in a tree.


This reminded me of when we had to take several pictures for Red in Ghost Dogs of Moon Lake. I suppose it would be cool to start a photo collection of all the birds that frequent our park. Just today we watched as a cormorant swim in the slough, catch a fish and then swallowed it whole, which was pretty awesome! Too bad it happened so fast I couldn't get a picture...


What type of birds are hanging around your home this season?

Tweet! (We have a Twitter quote contest happening today, head over to participate!)
~Little Jackalope~

3 comments:

Isis4ever said...

We have cormorants around here too, but since they are water birds, I don't see them in our yard. We have mockingbirds, white-crowned sparrows, robins, cedar waxwings, goldfinches, and house finches.

I'd love to see more bird photos! The bald eagle is really pretty. :)

~Wolfie

Anonymous said...

Hi LJ!

I was wondering if there was going to be a free trial version of GTH on iPad?

Also, is there a set date for MED yet?

Thanks! I'm super excited for both games!

- Ella

Abby said...

It is kind of snowing here, so none. too bad! we really don't have snow, this time, but everyone else has it, in Alabama.