Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Blowing Up Chemicals -- It's a Nancy Drew Thing

We shared this Nancy Drew moment today:


How many of you have experienced the frustration and paranoid fear when you tried solving this puzzle? Each time I play The Haunting of Castle Malloy and reach this puzzle I get nervous. Using the claw to pick up the individual elements without touching anything else is a bit nerve-wracking for me. One little bump with the claw and BOOM!! Explosion. You need to manipulate the claw correctly and perfectly in order to solve this puzzle.

Yikes.

Hey! Twitter quote contest is today! And Round 2 of the Nancy Drew Madness voting on Facebook has begun! You can check out the current standings here.

~Little Jackalope~

9 comments:

ND's #1 fan said...

Oh yeah! I just played HAU not too long ago! I thought that puzzle would be the end of me.... and it was, for several, several tries! LOL (^_^) I think that was the most nerve-wracking, mind-boggling puzzle, like, ever. :) Yikes is right! Or, to quote George from the old books- "Hypers!" LOL sorry XD

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I felt exactly the same way, LJ!
I know it's kind of early to be talking about MED pre-orders, but I have two questions (I've never pre-ordered before):
1. Do people who buy a physical copy of a pre-order game receive a digital strategy guide free?
2. When purchasing, may I use a gift card?
Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Hey, LJ I really like today's blog title. You should really consider putting "It's a Nancy Drew Thing" in the merchandise store!
Also, I was curious which games are your top five?

Anonymous said...

I just played HAU recently- I played it when it first came out with my family, and since now I hadn't played it again. (to much of a scardy cat!) But when I just replayed it and saw that puzzle I was like, "Ohhhhh I remember this..." I blew up so many times the last time I blew up I was just like, " Oh, I blew up...." But now HAU is one of my favs. (:
-NANCYGEEK

Anonymous said...

And don't forget Deadly Device!

Funny that only pouring water into the jar will cause it to explode...

Anonymous said...

LJ, what ND games would you recommend playing in preparation for MED?

Anonymous said...

I love that puzzle!!! It is hard, though. But it's fun :)

ND's #1 fan said...

@Anonymous- For number one, yes, you do get a free digital strategy guide, you just have to wait a while. They'll send you an email with the pdf attached later, usually on the day they ship pre-orders ;)
And for number two, I think it depends what card you have. I don't actually have a real credit card, but my brother often gives me those pre-paid visa gift cards for my birthday, so I've used those on HeR Interactive's website a lot, and they work fine. So yes, you should be able to use gift cards. Hope I helped! :D

Anonymous said...

Thanks ND's #1 fan! You solved my questions! :D