Thursday, March 20, 2014

Marathons in the Spring

I'm super excited because today is the first day of spring! Here's a sample of what our spring here looks like during lunchtime at the office:


On a new note, I've seen questions from you come up inquiring about Nancy Drew game marathons in preparation for our next game release. There are three types of marathons that come to my mind, personally...

1. The Classic Marathon -- ALL THE GAMES!

This is where players see if they can re-play all of the Nancy Drew games before the release date of the newest Nancy Drew game. This pretty much requires that you have all the games (that are available) and can find time to play that many. Play these in numerical order, starting with #1.

2. Similar Games Marathon 

Another marathon you could participate in is a "similar games" marathon. This means any other other Nancy Drew games that may feel similar in game play to the new title. It might be hard for you to determine the style of game play for The Shattered Medallion because, well, you simply haven't played it yet. From my perspective, the games that would most match the game play style or even small similarities for MED are these: Ransom of the Seven Ships, Danger by Design, Secret of the Scarlet Hand, Tomb of the Lost Queen. You can play these in any particular order, but I highly recommend playing RAN last.


3.  Themed Marathon

This one can be very similar to the "Similar Games Marathon". The theme, for example, of The Shattered Medallion is a "medallion". There are other Nancy Drew games that feature medallions, such as Treasure in the Royal Tower and The Captive Curse. If you'd like to broaden the theme to include other games, you could add Secret of the Scarlet Hand and Tomb of the Lost Queen for their relics and antiques and generally old treasures (that are not exactly gold or precious stones).

So what kind of marathon are you most excited about participating in? Many members on the message board put together marathons that you could follow and participate in. I myself would recommend playing all titles that you have not yet played before. But if you have ALL of the Nancy Drew games...may I present to you the option to participate in the Amateur Sleuth Game Marathon!


These are the games I recommend playing before pre-orders for The Shattered Medallion end: Treasure in the Royal Tower, Secret of the Scarlet Hand, Danger by Design, The Captive Curse, Tomb of the Lost Queen, and Ransom of the Seven Ships. I also scheduled in a weekend to re-watch all of our YouTube trailers before the MED trailer is released.

We have a spring birthday!

~Little Jackalope~

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am dying of curiosity here! When is the MED cover art going to be released?

Abby said...

How can I hook up the The Shattered Medallion when you play it?? I can't wait!!!

Unknown said...

All of the games in Similar games are games that have Sonny Joon in them!!!!! He has to appear in MED!

Abby said...

Little Jackalope, visit my blog, Abbylittlethings.blogspot.com!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for answering my question LJ!

ND's #1 fan said...

Oh, yeah! I'm so doing that game marathon! The only one I won't be able to play is TMB, because I don't have that one... :( Something kinda weird, I just ordered SSH the other day... I was going to play it tomorrow, (and I probably will lol) Oh well, I'll replay it for the marathon! Now LJ, why are you having us play RAN?? Is it because it's a nature game, or is a certain culprit returning, like some people on the message boards have speculated??? o_O I almost hope so, because you guys left that one loose end.. in the end (lol), and I hate loose ends, because it feels like the mystery is not completely solved, but there isn't any more game to play! It's torture! LOL but on the other hand, I don't because I personally think that culprit was the creepiest culprit there was in the history of ND games! Tell me I'm not the only one who thinks so... XD

Anonymous said...

That's not fair!!! I've still got two feet of snow in my front yard, and a 5-6 foot high snow pile. Oh, and it's going to snow more tomorrow, I think. It's just not fair.

Anyway, enough of the pouting. So, MED is going to be a treasure hunting one. Interesting. I wonder what the bad opponents will be like. Hey, if Bess and George are coming, are they suspects too? :) They should be.

Caitlyn said...

I love your idea of a game marathon before MED, Little Jackalope! I'm so busy with schoolwork, but I think I'm going to give this a shot. I've been craving some good old ND games anyway! So I'm going to give your Amateur Sleuth Marathon a try! I'm liking the theme...medallions and "the artist." ;D So pumped!

Isis4ever said...

Oh, it is so so beautiful where you are at! I was so excited about the first day of spring too. I wore the springiest shirt I have. :)

That Amateur Sleuth marathon looks fun. I might do that!

~Wolfie

Unknown said...

HI! I LOVE NANCY DREW SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH AND MY BIRTHDAY IS ON THE 21 OF APRIL SO COULD YOU DO A SHOUT OUT FOR THAT PLEASEEE? (BUT I'M NOT SAYING YOU LIKE SOOOO HAVE TO IF YOU CAN'T DO IT I SOO TOTALLY COOL WITH THAT!)

Elana-may said...

omg can you do a shout out for me my birthday is on may 3rd and im gonna be 13 so please will you do a shout out for me.